Sunday 7 December 2008

Housing and Council Tax Benefit decision notices; a progress report

Well, I got a reply from the Benefits Office, I wasn't too far short in my guess as to what they'd say;

"Unfortunately I have been unable to establish why that particular letter did not include the appeals information or the additional notes. It is the case that all letters which provide information concerning benefit decisions (Decision Notices) contain the appeal paragraph. I have passed details of this instance to the Information Technology Section to try and establish why the information was not present on your letter. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention."

So my (standard template) decision notice didn't have the appeals info that all the other ones have. Just mine.

As is often the way of these things a few days ago I got four more decision notices because of various changes of circumstances. Again no enclosed notes and no explanation of appeal rights. I mean, who are they trying to kid? Its a standard template. If one hasn't got it none of them have. Quite simply they need to do a redesign because they are flouting the law.

Another email has been dispatched, will let you know when/if I get a reply.

No comments: