Wednesday 29 September 2010

Someone Does the Right Thing

Following my earlier post on Nottgirl's revelation that One Nottingham had passed a wedge of money to Nottingham Equal you can imagine that I was pretty keen to get hold of a copy of the decision.

But there was a problem in that One Nottingham is a Local Strategic Partnership, consisting of more than one public authority and the private and third sectors so technically isn't covered by the Freedom of Information Act.

So I had to have a bit of a think and I came up with a radical idea. Why not just ask? So I did and got this encouraging response -

"thanks for your email we are able to provide you with the information you requested and we will treat it as a freedom of information request. I will send you a copy of the decision by the 26th October 2010"

Good answer. There are a number of anomalies in the FoIA where certain organisations spending public money and shaping policy are exempt from FoIA and the more of them that voluntarily choose to act by FoI principles the better. Let's hope they follow this approach consistently.

Not sure why they need until October 26 though. (Oh come on, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have a bit of a moan).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to read that they are happy to tell you the information you want. I have always found the staff at One Nottingham to be professional and helpful.